- _ Special letter prefix to identify accessories or composition of propeller. Current letters include ‘S’ for STC package and ‘W’ for wooden propeller.
- 70 Basic diameter in inches
- C Designates Blade Design
- M6 Designates hub configuration…”M6″ for installation on SAE No.2 (Ref. AS 127) flanged shaft with 6/16 (3/8) dia. bolts. “M7″…for installation on SAE No. 2 (Ref. AS 127) flanged shaft with 7/16 dia. bolts.
- S16 Designates a 16/4 or 4 inch spacer (extension) thickness.
- -0- Designated cut-off in inches from basic diameter.
- 79 Pitch in inches at .75 radius station.
- _ Designates design change
For example, can a 76EM8-0-62 be repitched to 66″?
How many times can repitching be performed?
A: We have Service Memo #86-1.
You can repitch a Sensenich propeller a total of 8 inches from the propeller’s median pitch. In the case of the 76E and 74D series props, both propellers have a 60″ median.
Therefore, in the example above, the 62 has already gone up 2 inches. You can still go up 4 more to the 66 for a total of 6 inches. Then you can go back down to a 64 and that would be your total of 8.
For more information about model-specific Sensenich propellers see this article.
(Information compiled from the Sensenich website and Ed Zercher, Sensenich General Manager)